Friday, January 30, 2009

So much to do, so little time

I am easily distracted by things and ideas and I just want to experience everything! I have this strange belief that if others can do it, so can I. Let me clarify, that this belief does NOT include anything that is remotely physical. Sport? No. Endurance and strength? No.  Not being clumsy? That is impssible. But when it comes to anything else I figure why not! 

I watched this video. An brilliant piece of machinima by a truly talented person. Could I do this? Not at this level. But there is this piece of me that wants to try to do something like this! This little part of me started thinking about characters and story lines...


And then I tried to do something as simple as create an original template for this blog. How hard can it be? Other people can do it... I can figure it out. Heh. Riiiight. 

Programming is not english and somehow I really thought I could just jump in and be fluent in another language. Ok. So before I make an original template, I need to learn to write in this foreign tongue. When the only way I passed my computer lab in University was to (unintentionally) flash some leg to the geek grad student so that he handed over the answers to the test, which I just copied. *sigh*

So learn to make and interesting and relevant template for this blog has been added to my list of things to do this weekend. Along with clean the house, do laundry (I am on the dregs of the underwear drawer! Sick and laundry do not mix), and caulk the bathtub. I have dreams of being a "Jack-ette of all trades!"

No comments: