Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The one bad thing about GiST

By coming on and GiSTing everyday I feel like I blog regularly. Although I never actually type anything more than my little list, the other thoughts and ideas get lost along the way. So along with GiSTing I must remember there is more to life than lists.

I am in a strange mood this morning. My chest is clearing and I can see the light at the end of this illness tunnel. However, I have the oddest taste in my mouth and am sleeping strangely. I assume both are effects of the antibiotcs. 

I had the most vivid dreams last night. The were so clear and I could physically feel the effects of my actions as I lay alone in bed. There is a part of me that is still in this dream state. Nothing is completely tangible. It's almost like how I feel when I travel alone. When, after hours wandering through a new city where I can't eavesdrop on the conversations around me and am forced to stay in my head, when I run out of the meaningless chatter that fills my 8-track mind and I am finally silent and ready to open myself. When I do get to this moment, I always find a wonderful gift.  An insight, an understanding, a new layer of life's onion peeled back.

I am sitting in a non-descript government office cubicle, analysing the meaning of various words in the context of various documents. But I am distracted and waiting for my insight. I think, instead, I am just lost in some antibiotic induced shift in reality. 

When you put out to the world what you think you want to see happen, then have daydreams of the opposite occurring what does the Universe think? Does it figure out what you really want, when you can't seem to? 

This may not be the best state of mind to blog in *grin* 

No comments: