Friday, March 6, 2009

How a video game taught me something

Last night I was officially made an officer in my guild in a silly video game that I play way too much. And I am SO PROUD. I want to celebrate! And there is no one to celebrate with. My coworkers do not understand. My "normal" friends do not understand. The geeks I know (that don't play) do not understand. My friends in game, many of them used to be officers so I don't want to go there. NGB is going through some stuff that is way more important than a video game... 

This, I think, is part of the learning I need. Restraint. I go through life like big slobbery puppy. Having to do this, to be proud of me quietly and inside, is important. Something I have always respected in others and now I can emulate in myself. 

But maybe, just maybe, I'll have a quiet glass of wine with me tonight to celebrate. 

No comments: